VORONEZH STATE UNIVERSITY
Universitetskaya Square 1
Prof. Elena Chupandina
VSU is one of the leading classical universities of Russia, founded in 1918. It includes 17 faculties, 5 research institutes, 14 joint laboratories with the Russian Academy of Sciences. VSU collaborates with 68 foreign universities and research institutes of the world. It participated in a number of education and research projects of European programmes including 7 TEMPUS/TACIS projects (since 1994). At present VSU is actively modernising its academic models in line with the principles of the “Bologna process” to provide modern academic services for Russian and foreign students. 21,000 including 1 000 foreign graduate and post-graduate students study at VSU. Faculty of Physics was founded in 1918. It consists of 10 Departments. There are about 140 lectures including 33 professors. It includes 41 laboratories, 3 display classes, branches of the Faculty departments at research institutes and industrial enterprises, Research Institute of Physics. Partner of FP7 IRSES project.
ROLE OF JAMK IN THE PROJECT
VSU is the leader of WP2 and contributes to:
- WP 1: supports the Project Manager and produce information for reports to EACEA. Has representative in SC meetings.
- WP 2: coordinates the survey and organises the seminar and workshop for presenting the first results. VSU will also participate in the seminar, workshop and SC meeting in Moscow.
- WP 3: participates in the training seminar and benchmarking visit. VSU will develop action plans for two of its faculties.
- WP 4: implements Action Plans and participate in second benchmarking visit. VSU will construct strategy and roadmap for improving cooperation.
- WP 5: provides and produces requested information for Handbook and will participate in writing the monograph.
- WP 6: participates in dissemination activities.
- WP 7: participates in exploitation activities and invites local policy makers and employers to discussions and project activities.
- WP 8: participates in the assisted self-evaluation of the project.